new battery mfg

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
Tom Thomson

new battery mfg

Postby Tom Thomson » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:21 am

Here in Indiana (USA) a company called Enerdel is putting up a new plant to increase production of lithium-ion batteries. In checking their and related web sites, I find lots of adjectives and hopeful projections but no information on what they actually make. Where can I get hard information?
tommyt

Cogito

Re: new battery mfg

Postby Cogito » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Enerdel is a subsidiary of Ener1 and has been around for a while. They have got the contract for supplying the new Think City with a lithium pack as Think seem to be moving away from the Zebra technology.
These battery packs are available now and give the car a slighly lower range but are cheaper.

Grumpy-b

Re: new battery mfg

Postby Grumpy-b » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:02 am

Enerdel are also the new investor in Think, and so they are moving away from the Zebra batteries for future deliveries. The current demos all have Zebra batteries and do perform quite well. I had a drive in the one yesterday, it was the one that went round Europe with the recent BBC Radio 4 programme. Its a nice drive but it is very small, when I am used to the spacious Berlingos that we use.
I think the range loss will be coupled with a reduction in cost , and Think intend to start shipping UK vehicle next year.

Grumpy-b

Return to “All things battery related”