Elecsol AGM

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
TTmartin

Elecsol AGM

Postby TTmartin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi,

I have read a lot about Elecsol batteries letting people down prematurely in the past and clearly that will stick in peoples minds. But surely if the truth be known, 1 year on and especially 10 or more years on that company & technology has moved with the times or would not survive.
I am thinking of using the Elecsol AGM batteries, around 150ah in a 144v pack 12x12v for an EV conversion as they state suitable for EV use and backed up with long warranty.
If they are used within there limits and also importantly, charged correctly I would like to think they would give good service.
Ok I know Trojan is the magic battery for EV's if you don't go lithium but these (new type Elecsols) are trying to compete and exceed the competition.
Right after all that, I mean me trying to justify buying them, has anyone out there actually tried them in a conversion?

retepsnikrep

Re: Elecsol AGM

Postby retepsnikrep » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:42 pm

If you have a cast iron gaurantee that you are confident they won't be able to wriggle out of then go for it.
It should be impossible to lose money if the gaurantee is that good :roll:

What exactly are "there limits" and how do you prove you havent exceeded them come claim time?
What does "charged correctly" mean in this context as well, do you have to use one of there chargers? What about regen?

I've had Elecsols in the past > 10 years ago (they were *please do not swear*) but have no idea how the new ones will last.
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

ChrisB

Re: Elecsol AGM

Postby ChrisB » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:33 pm

Thing is the Elecsol "isnt" a true traction battery, its a very good deep cycle battery or leisure battery, just I dont think they are good enough for EV use, like the majority of LA batteries if they are not selected correctly.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “All things battery related”