Spark EV

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
Terry

Spark EV

Postby Terry » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:47 am

Has anyone managed to get anymore info or a reply from these guys

http://www.spark-ev.com/zooom.html

Wouldnt mind having a go on one but it seems they are USA only which seems a shame unless you know otherwise.

Terry

qdos

Postby qdos » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:18 pm

They have a number of interesting machines on their site for sure. I'd also be interested to know if anyone has any more information on Spark EV too

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:58 pm

The Zooom scooter looks like a Benelli Adiva. I'd like to have a go at converting one of these myself, but a 1500 Watt motor would make for a very underpowered machine. The original 125 and 250 cc engines produced around 15 hp and 22 hp respectively. A Lynch-type motor should fit very nicely though.

The Comet is a very nice concept – a tilting three-wheeler with tandem seating for two – but that's all it appears to be at the moment: a concept.

There seem to be a lot of people building websites on EV pipe dreams at the moment. I suppose the idea is to attract some money so they can fund development. The problem is that by giving the impression that these machines are already available they erode market credibility.

Cynical? Me? Never 8)

qdos

Postby qdos » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:06 pm

I totally agree. There's some very nice looking concepts out there and even some by some of the biggest such a GM no less but about the only folk who are really putting things you and I can buy on the road really are Toyota and of course Going Green / Reva.

The American way is to import something and re name it claiming they invented it. Which usually works with the American market and it's rather frustrating to see all this stuff pop up on American websites. Why is it the rest of the world just doesn't seem to get it's act together on the marketing front? There's plenty out there, after all the yanks keep finding them and re branding them.

Nah I'm not a cynic either :wink:

ChopperMan

Postby ChopperMan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:01 am

Hi,

I have just seen this, http://www.spark-ev.com/comet.html it looks fantastic and 90mph / 200mile range is just what you need in an EV.

If you take into account the rate of exchange, VAT and import duties, it would probably cost close to £20K to bring into the UK and then you have the problem of the 110V charger..... :(

Maybe when I have a nice little win on the lottery :)

Ian

Terry

SPARK EV

Postby Terry » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:47 pm

Dear Michael
Can you give me the cost of Lithium polymer batteries and the charge time for the 60AH
batteries. Do they have a greater life cycles?
Terry Harding
Terry,

The Lithium Polymer upgrade is $2500. Charge time for these batteries is one hour (and yes, life cycles is X10), charge time for stock batteries is

1That charge cycle x 10 sounds much better. Will this include a battery charging monitor that looks at every individual cycle. And is all this charging built into the Zooom or is it a stand alone unit
0 hours.

Hi Michael
I expected electronic battery charging on lithium ,the question is every individual cell wired to the controller as they
are notorious for going out of sink?
Also Can you supply a 240 Volt unit.
Terry Harding

Hi Michael
I expected electronic battery charging on lithium ,the question is every individual cell wired to the controller as they
are notorious for going out of sink?
Also Can you supply a 240 Volt unit.
Terry Harding

Everything is built into the car, completely automated & computer controlled

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”