New Berlingo Electrique !!!!!

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Grumpy-b

New Berlingo Electrique !!!!!

Postby Grumpy-b » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:43 pm

This is a link to the Venturi web site.http://www.venturi.fr/Venturi-pre-selec ... Poste.html
Venturi are to produce the first initial run of 500 berlingo / partner Electric vans for La Poste, french postal service.

Its notable that PSA consider that there is now a significant market for this type of vehicle. I gather this has a Zebra battery which is a highly conpact and very very expensive item, originally built by Rolls Royce for powering submarine systems.

This is great news but may not be so good on the used vehicle front once these fall out of service.

Price is quited as between e25,000 and e30,000. Way higher than the originals.Considering the base price of a Berlingo, thats a lot of money.

Still its good to see the use of these vehicles is becoming mainstream again.

Grumpy-b

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:56 am

The range and performance are the same as the old model. I wonder why they bothered re-designing it, and what else they have changed.

Like you say, good to see it carrying on.
Tim Crumpton

ChopperMan

Postby ChopperMan » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:02 pm

Hi Tim,

I had a look at this at the EVER Monaco event. All they have done is fit Zebra batteries from what I could see, to the latest Berlingo chassis, but even those may not make it into full production. They have maintained the same performance/range mainly because that is what the big corporate buyers have asked for.

Cheers,

Ian
Electric chopper ebike with PUMA motor (1.2kW) and 36V 20Ah LiFePO4 batteries. 23 mph & 20 mile range with no peddling (Sorry, what are peddles for?).

cianof

Postby cianof » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:51 pm

Found some pics of the new Venturi Berlingo Electrique.

http://www.moteurnature.com/actu/2008/v ... trique.php

...Looks shiny Smile

Seems to have a big red button beside the steering wheel. I guess thats some type of shut off switch.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”