The berlingos now gone off to 'the block '

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
ecocars

The berlingos now gone off to 'the block '

Postby ecocars » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Just a big thank you to all you folks who put up with my questions over the last 5 months in my attempt to get my berlingo running as it should (2000 MY battery's ..need I say more !!)

Its now waiting to be sold at Auction ....such a shame that a 12,000 mile van in good condition (bodywork wise) is useless unless POTs and POTs of cash is poured into it ...and circa £12k spend for new battery's on a w plate van is not really viable.....so its gone ...

Really gutted as I wanted a true EV to use ourselves ...will wait 5-6 years for a nissan leaf !!

All the best chaps

Jonathan

www.eco-cars.net

ChrisB

Re: The berlingos now gone off to 'the block '

Postby ChrisB » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:31 pm

Thats a shame :cry: dont give up, there are good Blingos out there and they are still the cheapest and IMHO the best priced EV's available (good ones that is)

When you say Auction do you mean e-bay or a regular car Auction as you may find it wont get very much money at a regular Auction :shock: would it not be worth offering it here to see what folks might give ?? you may find you'll get more in parts :wink:

It will be interesting to see what happens to Berlingos once things like the "Leaf" really come on line, it could really hit Blingo prices :shock:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

ecocars

Postby ecocars » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi Chris

No its gone of to BCA at measham .....let some other poor soul have a go with it ....

Thanks again for all the advise .....dont think I will look at another E500 berlingo again !!

All the best

Jonathan

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:57 pm

ecocars wrote: .....dont think I will look at another E500 berlingo again !!

Such a shame you had a lemon :cry: there are good ones out there and a good one is a fantastic vehicle, had mine over 3yrs now and its been a dream, just avoid anything pre 2000

Have you got any plans for another EV ?

ChrisB

ecocars

Postby ecocars » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:11 pm

BTW ...i got £1000 for the berlingo at auction ....£500 more than I was offered by a EV dealer ! so all in.. I lost £400 in the whole experience... (paid £1400 in May this year)

i would still like one ( a berlingo)...but its a huge gamble that I dont want again ....at auction you can't take down all the packs and check for damage ....

I still see EV's as the future ...I like the nissan leaf ..Tesla (who doesn't ??)..and the C1eve..the Mitsubishi /Citroen/Peugeot looks like a good package ....just to steep for me ..will wait 2-3 years till they appear at auction !!

I sell lots of Prius ...I love them ..Toyota seem to have the battery issue sorted ..even if the car's not a true EV ..

regards
jonathan

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:01 pm

Oh well you didnt do too bad there then I recon.

We'll look out for it on e-bay next then :lol: :lol:

Generally you shouldnt need to drop the packs to check them, taking it for a decent drive will very quickly show up any problems and as long as you look for post 2000 batteries then generally you dont get much trouble.

ChrisB

harry morris

Postby harry morris » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:36 pm

ecocars wrote:BTW ...i got £1000 for the berlingo at auction ....£500 more than I was offered by a EV dealer ! so all in.. I lost £400 in the whole experience... (paid £1400 in May this year)

i would still like one ( a berlingo)...but its a huge gamble that I dont want again ....at auction you can't take down all the packs and check for damage ....

I still see EV's as the future ...I like the nissan leaf ..Tesla (who doesn't ??)..and the C1eve..the Mitsubishi /Citroen/Peugeot looks like a good package ....just to steep for me ..will wait 2-3 years till they appear at auction !!

I sell lots of Prius ...I love them ..Toyota seem to have the battery issue sorted ..even if the car's not a true EV ..

regards
jonathan

Well done lad, please don't give up your dream, I had to wait nearly a year for my ten year old with 2003 batts well worth the wait as CHRIS says they really are something worth having. Have a look in the FOR SALE forum and note one of OUR members has a blingo for sale and very reasonable to with 2003 batts, and of course youv'e got the best BLINGO brains ever with vast knowledge of the marque in our forum hear. I have been driving for over 60 years and this little van amazes me only snag is my wife keeps pinching it but apparently you can't do anything about it ha ha ha, DON'T GIVE UP cheers HARRY

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”