Berlingo battery temp sensor / thermister

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
genawin

Berlingo battery temp sensor / thermister

Postby genawin » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Can anyone give me a clue as to the location of the battery temp sensor wiring / plug and maybe the wire colours- i have a fault that won't clear on Peugoet planet : "Traction battery thermistor short circuit to earth" I think the battery temp sensor is normally located in the top battery box but i don't have one - it has been removed.
Thanks Martin.

Grumpy-b

Re: Berlingo battery temp sensor / thermister

Postby Grumpy-b » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:28 pm

Stand at the front of the van. The controller is in front of you the passenger side of the vehicle is to your right. The Top battery is in front of you. At the front9 As in nearer to the front of the van) right corner of the battery below the join of the two case parts there is a connector that points down, there is a short connector lead from the loom near by that has a spring clip on it .
The connector on the underside of the case at the overhang is the thermistor connector, the item itself being pushed into the side of the front right SAFT Cell. Disconnecting it normally doesnt give you a short to earth message. The connector may of course be wet. What is common is that the moisure gets inside the cables of the sensor and tends to corrode the wires and give incorrect readings, I guess this could also give you some leakage. To disconnet the socket if it is on the battery, push in the metal clip and it springs the sides out so unlocking it, pull down to remove.

I do repair these items, but I also need yours back first, unfortunately a previous person to whom I supplied one first has never sent back the spare, so I cant let you have one first for a simple swap over.

Grumpy-b

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Think I may have a similar issue as my EVlite is telling me my batteries are currently 150C :shock: :lol: :lol:

Of course this is playing havoc with charging and trying to drive it anywhere :roll:

Job for the weekend

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:27 pm

It does exactly that.
To spped up getting the thing out I now remove the Motor fan which with the controller removed means you can simply move the battery pack forward (No straining or major heroics) block the back of the battery with a brick (just the right height) then split top from bottom of the case, if you remove the drivers side cell first it makes it easier to slide the other one over and get the sensor out of the side of the cell. It has a small metal clip which comes out with a small electrical screwdriver. the connector twists into the case and the whole thing drops out the bottom of the case.
You can just jump it with at least a 5 k resistor inserted in the connecting socket. That at least lets the van work.

Grumpy-b

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:10 pm

Yep all seem to be back to normal after robbing my spare thermistor from the spare van.

Interstingly the fault that it shows is it puts the yellow low voltage light on in the eco meter, it stops it charging, and while everything seems to work fine i.e contactor comes in etc etc it just wont drive anywhere :roll:

Anyhow for the time being I've just connected the spare on the end of the leads and its "dangling" about in the engine bay for now, at least it makes it drivable for a job tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip on replacing it, must admit I had thought I was going to need to get the controller out to repace it :?

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

genawin

Postby genawin » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Chris , Could you tell me the colour of the wires and where they enter the harness please ?

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:36 pm

I have done a stud connector (ie you can bolt it to something,) with the parts I put into the repaired sensor. I did this for someone who was doing a Lead acid conversion, but that went nowhere. They dont have to be in the std housing. The thermistor value isnt a std one. I used some parts I got from the states as the value I needed isnt generally available here. They must be from somewhere but at silly money.

Glad onevehicle is back running.

Grumpy-b

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:02 pm

Sorry Mart, no-one has been able to describe the location yet, have they? Lets have a go...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/timpootle/

Plug is purple inside, has "09D7" written on it and has one white wire and one green wire coming out of it. These are braided with black cloth tape, which enters the main loom just along from another take-off which goes to the grey relay bolted to the motor fan.

This main loom goes to the 2 big round plugs on the nearside wing.

I hope this helps you. I fear that no two Berlingos are identical.
Post some pictures of yours and maybe we can find it.
Tim Crumpton

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Chris - did you get your battery issues resolved as well?? or is it still useable in it's current condition?

genawin

Postby genawin » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:17 am

It must be that the 106 is different as i can't find anything like it , But hat's very kind of you Tim much appreciated.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”