Getting to know "The Berlingo Electrique" weekend

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
ChrisB

Getting to know "The Berlingo Electrique" weekend

Postby ChrisB » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:51 pm

On the weekend 26th-27th of April 2008 I'm going to be holding a "Getting to know the Berlingo Electrique" weekend, on the Southcoast near Portsmouth.

Its mainly going to be on Sunday 27th but if folk want to make a whole weekend of it then thats fine by me, and the Friday/Saturday can be general chatting and drinkies in the garden etc :wink:.
Weather shouldnt be a problem on those days as I'll have a nice large awning up with patio heater if required :wink:
I can advise of places to stay from camping to hotels, details of these will follow.
If folk are really keen to have beery evenings then I may be able to offer limited camping at my place etc.

The weekend will be a pretty informal time which we can all have a good old natter about the vehicles and generally share ideas, you dont even have to own one to come, if you'd like to see one in the flesh and experiance what one is like then this would be an ideal time to do this 8) and I'm hoping Sunday will involve a display at a local pub of mine which also do a Sunday Roast.

If you've got an Electrique or even a Pug106 Electrique it would be great if you could bring it along, I'll be able to arrange for charging of several vehicles so if you are staying the weekend and are staying locally then you will be able to leave the vehicle on charge at mine and I'll ferry you to your B&B, hotel or campsite :wink:

I have a Berlingo almost completely stripped out so if you've always wondered what goes where or how things go together then this would be an idea oppertunity to take a peep inside one of these beasts.

I'm sorry I'm so far south but dont forget that there are many things down here that you can take in if you want to make it a short break, we have the Naval dockyard, Mary Rose, HMS Warrior etc etc all of which can make for a great addition to your weekend.

If you'd like to come along add a post below this and I'll put you on the list and mail out further details later.

ChrisB
Last edited by ChrisB on Tue May 06, 2008 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:22 am

Hi Chris,

Thanks for organising this.

Please count us in. We will probably come down Fri night as I need to earn some brownie points with the other half visiting your local delights.

Regards,
Rob

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:53 am

No probs Rob , thanks for being the first 8) I'll drop you a PM with futher details later :wink:

So folks thats 2 Berlingos that will be on site, I've sent a note to another chap whos local to me and hopefully that will make 3 8)

And thats just for starters, who knows how many we will be able to gather togther for the day or days :wink:

ChrisB

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:15 pm

I am planning to attend, but will not be bringing the van.

See you there!
Tim Crumpton

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:51 pm

WHAT NO VAN :shock:

Not to worry Tim be good to have you along for a natter at least :wink: , are you planning just the day or making a weekend of it ??

If you do decided to bring da blingo if theres enough folk then I'll run a little prize for the person whos travels the furthest :wink:

ChrisB

julian295

Postby julian295 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:02 pm

Hi Chris

I would like to attend. I think 125 miles is too far to bring my Berlingo! I'll probably drive down on the Saturday & stay for Sunday.

Best regards
Julian
1999 Citroen Berlingo Electrique 500E
2005 Powabyke with tag-along trailer bike

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:26 pm

Hi Julian

Are you really that far from Portsmouth ?

I'm toying with the idea of making a prize for the person who travels the furthest in their Berlingo :wink:

You might find theres a couple of folk who'd be willing to give you a few hours charge and do the trip in a couple of hops, check the EV charging map.

Or do what I have done and fit a super "range extender" in the back....... OK so its a genny :lol: but it does give me so much more piece of mind when travelling outside my range, not that I've needed it in anger yet as I've always managed to get a charge at my destination point 8)

If you want any advice on Gennys give me a shout, maybe it would be worth hiring or borrowing one for the weekend :wink:

ChrisB

julian295

Postby julian295 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:52 pm

Chris

As I get perhaps 35 miles on a charge, that works out at 3 full charges on route to you. Yes it is 125 miles! Sounds like a lot of hassle to me! Maybe you can persuade me otherwise?

Best regards
Julian
1999 Citroen Berlingo Electrique 500E

2005 Powabyke with tag-along trailer bike

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:23 pm

I'll drop you a PM :wink:

ChrisB

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:52 pm

98 miles for me Chris so looks like I will not be able to drive down. Even if there were someone at the half way point it would mean stopping there for 6 or so hours to get back to 100% and then repeating on the way home.

So I may bring the gas guzzler (or other mode of transport !) .

John

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”