Little Update

Have you made or bought a converted vehicle if so this is for you
geekygrilli

Little Update

Postby geekygrilli » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:27 pm

Hi guys

Its been a while...again, what with Christmas, ever increasing work load and an expanding family....anyway, just a little update...

I have effectively done nothing to my car for the last 6 months, which is very annoying; best laid plans of mice and men and all that... However, last night I fitted my new forward contactor and it still didn't work! Eventually found that Electrofit Zapi had kindly moved the wires in the contactor plug to different positions.

So I had a bit of a drive and a fiddle, for about and hour, changing Cutback Voltages, Motor Current, etc... All is well.

All day today I have been using the car on our trading estate going btwn our warehouse and workshop loads of times (its quicker than walking or using the forklift, so its economical for the company) and its all good.

We're moving our factory at the end of Feb, so my commute will be reduced from the existing 5 miles to just 1.5 miles of hills.
Really I should cycle, but I often have to carry tools, samples and my laptop back ward and forward, so my car is still a viable means of trasport.

Thats about it really, hope all is well, and I'll be back soon asking loads more questions!

Christopher

geekygrilli

Postby geekygrilli » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:37 am

Wooooo!!! it does at least 40mph.
I took it down the main road in the industrial estate last night, and hit 40mph before running out of road.

It'll definitely keep up with traffic. (still looking for a new motor, though)

Return to “Conversions”