Motor for China

Have you made or bought a converted vehicle if so this is for you
geekygrilli

Motor for China

Postby geekygrilli » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:58 pm

Hi guys

I have just read teh thread about teh Lithium Ion batteries people are thinking of importing from China and I saw the motor link too, which is very interesting...www.cn-dcmotors.com/product12.asp

1. Can anyone make sense of this table?
2. Has anyone got any knowledge of this company?

At the moment my sister-in-law is over there for 2 weeks of every month, and I have a Chinese glass supplier that ships a 20ft container to us every 3 months. The possibilities are endless!

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:37 pm

The Unite motors are pretty basic but reliable small DC motors. They're widely used in cheap ebikes and stand-on scooters. I think the biggest motor on that list is only rated at 1 kW. Technobots in the UK also sells a good range of these motors, but you can often find them cheaper on ebay.
http://www.technobots.co.uk/acatalog/On ... rs_74.html

ChopperMan

Postby ChopperMan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:48 pm

Hi Geeky,

These motors are all rated between 100W (0.13 hp) and 1,000W (1.34hp) so suitable for ebikes or small low speed personal electric vehicles.

The company has been around for at least 5 or 6 years, I have one of their 36V 750W geared motors, waiting for a suitable gokart chassis, the quality is good but don't try pushing them beyond spec as they burn up quick. I have two slightly blackened 24V 250W versions to prove it. These motors power a lot of fighting robots.

Cheers,

Ian
Electric chopper ebike with PUMA motor (1.2kW) and 36V 20Ah LiFePO4 batteries. 23 mph & 20 mile range with no peddling (Sorry, what are peddles for?).

geekygrilli

Postby geekygrilli » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:40 pm

Thanks for that...there must be somewhere in china that makes 6v 15kW motors, it'll be worth having a look if I can ship them for 'free'.

Shame about the go-kart chassis; I chucked 2 x 100cc national kart rolling-chassis away 6 months ago They were old, nearly whats regarded as vintage now. If I see anything about I'll drop you a line.

ChopperMan

Postby ChopperMan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:01 am

Thanks Geeky,

That would be great. I have a couple of friends who use prokarts. I want to build something that would offer comparable performance so I will now doubt need a bigger engine. It would be interesting at the electrathon!

Cheers,

Ian
Electric chopper ebike with PUMA motor (1.2kW) and 36V 20Ah LiFePO4 batteries. 23 mph & 20 mile range with no peddling (Sorry, what are peddles for?).

LiFeBATT UK Distributor

www.lifebatt.co.uk

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:05 am

geekygrilli wrote:there must be somewhere in china that makes 6v 15kW motors

I guess you mean 36V or 60V? (Otherwise you're going to need some pretty meaty cables). What do you plan to use the motor for?

electricvehicles

Traction Motors

Postby electricvehicles » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:30 am

Forget China, they are so unreliable - take your money then thats the last you hear of them. Thats until you get a very nice e-mail some 6 months down the road wishing you all the happieness and thanking you for your custom, then going on to say your item will be shipped next week. Then after another 6 weeks ( because the boat broke down or was attacked by pirates in the South China Sea ) you might finally get what you paid for :)
Then the problems really start -- It dont work :cry:
Give up and try these. India is so much easier to deal with and 9 times out of 10 they have a family member living in the UK who can sort out any probs.
Check them out.
http://www.rotomag.com/products&catelogues.htm

geekygrilli

Postby geekygrilli » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:42 am

Sorry - meant 96v its for my Fiat Cinquecento.

I take it that you have had a rough experience with a Chinese suppier then!

Now India - thats interesting, my brother went to visit a suspension parts supplier over there, and he said the working conditions were shocking. They were making parts for Honda, and had to crack detect each part by dipping in acid, which they did, by hand, with no gloves on - nice.

Still, if the motors are decent, and cheap its worth looking at.

Cheers

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:48 pm

India is a completely different world to The West you'd not believe the sights I've seen over there but you need to experience it first hand to begin to understand it. To us it's shocking yes but then there's lots we do here which is shocking to them there and if I'm honest there's no way on earth that Britain would hold together the way India has done if we had the population they have.

Both India and China are the next superpowers, our time has come and gone you should never judge a book simply by it's cover there's a lot more to India than meets the Westerner's eye. Ditto China

geekygrilli

Postby geekygrilli » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:26 pm

Completely agree that China and India are the next superpowers. I don't see how, though, the trade links that Mr. Brown has set up with China are going to provide 10,000s of jobs in the UK.

There are loads of automotive engineering jobs available in India; if I was young free and single I'd be there next week!

Anyway, i have e-mailed Rotomag about a suitable motor, I'll let you all know how i get on.

Best regards

Return to “Conversions”