Area informal meetings?

General BVS related area
Jeremy

Area informal meetings?

Postby Jeremy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:06 pm

There seem to be a few of us who live around the South/South West of the country. I've noticed that the Bristol and also the North West area seem to have occasional get togethers, so does anyone fancy an informal pub meet somewhere reasonably central for the Southern members?

Jeremy

qdos

Postby qdos » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:48 pm

You want to be careful I could suggest you become the new Wessex region coordinator I was doing some things down here but as I have the magazine to do I don't have time to organise things and it's really hard to get members contact details to organise things

But I'm up for a meeting between Dorchester and Salisbury areas yep But you know that anyway :wink:

Nigel P.A. Smith

Postby Nigel P.A. Smith » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Nice idea :) how about on the A 36 Bath to Salisbury,
maybe near the A 303 junction, seems fairly central?

Still watching your E-bike progress, inspiring!
and got an idea for a multi-motor drive!

Nigel

Electric Rover maybe slow but I'm not fuming!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:23 pm

Well you cant get more southern than me :lol:

Where abouts are you thinking of ??

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:19 am

Thanks for the interest. As to where to meet, I guess that comes down to where would be most central for those of us in this neck of the woods. I know that the Bristol group is fairly active, so would suggest that somewhere South East of their "catchment area" might be best.

It seems as if we have a few active members in the Southampton to Dorchester area, so somewhere reasonably central for those two places might be a good starting point - maybe out to the West of the New Forest somewhere?

My guess is that we're only talking about a small get together, maybe half a dozen at most, so any decent pub might do.

We're perhaps going to struggle to get somewhere within EV range for any of us, I think, but I'm not sure that should be a real problem at first.

Jeremy

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:36 am

I tend to agree and I have had a member volunteer the use of a superb venue but unfortunately I have been unable to get sufficient numbers up to make a meet worthwhile (not helped by not having contact details of members in the area :o( )

As I've got the magazine to deal with I don't have all the spare time I need to organise things so I'm pleased to see you thinking on the lines of meets.

Rob has been pretty good in getting some meets at Basingstoke organised so that covers the NE area of Wessex in my mind and as you say Bristol has a very active group so I feel the New Forest would be a good area. Though Salisbury is good too for me.

PHEV

Postby PHEV » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:57 am

Dont forget us Brighton Folk :D
*Mazda MX-5, 300KW peak, 300v 20KW/h lipo pack, Soliton 1000A controller. 1100KG.
*Ducati SS twin Agni 80HP peak.
*Aprilia RS motorcycle, 500A controller, Cedric's AgniMotor, 96v 6kw/h LiPo pack, 130kg, 90mph.
www.jozztek.com

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:04 pm

How far would people be willing to travel for an evening, or perhaps weekend lunchtime, social meet?

Personally I think up to about 30 to 40 miles or so would suit me, but I doubt we'll get an ideal location for all of us in the South/South West.

Jeremy

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:18 am

With the price of petrol these days and the range limitations on EVs it's not far

I've tried this before and no matter how close you are to people they always say things are too far so I'd just make a suggestion for a venue to meet up and see who comes. Salisbury or New Forest are fine with me Dorchester would be superb :wink:

Night Train

Postby Night Train » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:29 pm

A North-West/Manchester meet would be good. I'd be there if there was one.

Return to “General”