Electric Vehicles and the Law...

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:15 pm

Hmmm ok it's lardy to me but then my Road legal sports car is 700kg and my non sports car is 370kg The key is power to weight though and we all know how much Porches like to guzzle on petrol.

I'm curious as to what it is you've got there though even if it is rather chubby ;)

We've totally drifted off topic now.

GregsGarage

Tax advice

Postby GregsGarage » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:28 pm

I have recently taxed 2 EV's. I would recommend that you get the car MOT'ed after the conversion and insured. Then go to your local DVLA office with your V5C document, MOT and insurance documents. You also need to bring supporting evidence of the conversion, receipts for major components and pictures also help, try and get one that clearly shows the number plate and electric bits. Also if the car is newer than 2001 (check date, could be wrong) you will need a receipt/letter from the "company" that carried out the conversion. Be creative here if this applies.

With all of the above paperwork the DVLA local office will have to issue a free tax disc. They will take copies of your receipts, photos and send that to Swansea along with your V5C document (for change of taxation class and fuel type). They may ask for an inspection later and will arrange an appointment if required.

It will probably take some time, but be patient, friendly and don't leave until you have your tax disc. :D

Renewals should be able to be done online or at the post office were they will probably ask, "do you want 6 or 12 months tax?" :roll:
Greg Fordyce

Daewoo Matiz
http://www.evalbum.com/4191

qdos

Re: Tax advice

Postby qdos » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:13 pm

GregsGarage wrote:Renewals should be able to be done online or at the post office were they will probably ask, "do you want 6 or 12 months tax?" :roll:

Oh go on get your money's worth. Ask for 6 months ;)

bobc

Postby bobc » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:34 am

On the subject of EVs & the law.......
Years ago I read or was told that, under european law, any commercial concern that you do business with is obliged to charge your car while you're there.
In principle this is pretty cool - it means I get my own parking bay with a socket in the works car park.
But - is it true ?
If it is - I need a reference so I can go and annoy our "facilities management" people ;^)
Anybody?????

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:44 am

bobc wrote:On the subject of EVs & the law.......
Years ago I read or was told that, under european law, any commercial concern that you do business with is obliged to charge your car while you're there.
In principle this is pretty cool - it means I get my own parking bay with a socket in the works car park.
But - is it true ?
If it is - I need a reference so I can go and annoy our "facilities management" people ;^)
Anybody?????

No idea I've never come across it but I'm inclined to think it's fairy tale

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi Bob

Not quite the thing you wanted, but the conditions of the Energy Saving Trust grant for charging installations requires that they be available for the public:

From http://www.cenex.co.uk/igp_faq.asp
What are the criteria for funding?
The application for the grant must be made and accepted by Cenex before the investment
Grants are awarded automatically on a ’first come, first served’ basis
The refuelling station must be open for third party access
The refuelling site must be based in the UK
Dispensing attachments should be consistent with industry accepted vehicle attachments with relevant health and safety standards
It is not permitted to be receiving funding from other local, regional, national or European community sources for the same eligible costs
Tim Crumpton

bobc

Postby bobc » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:07 pm

DISAPPOINTED!!!!

never mind - lets try the suggestion scheme - might get a charging point and a £10 award.......

bobc

Postby bobc » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:09 pm

Aha - brings me to another subject......

Dispensing attachments should be consistent with industry accepted vehicle attachments

what are these industry accepted vehicle attatchments then....??

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:06 pm

bobc wrote:Aha - brings me to another subject......

Dispensing attachments should be consistent with industry accepted vehicle attachments

what are these industry accepted vehicle attatchments then....??

Probably Fork Lift Trucks!

bobc

Postby bobc » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:36 pm

There was me thinking it would be some sort of mains plug ;^)

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”