Greenpower national final this weekend

Got a hot news story concerning EV's, be it on the TV, Radio or seen it in the press, then share it with us here.
bobc

Greenpower national final this weekend

Postby bobc » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:10 pm

The school electric car race series national final is this Sunday at Goodwood (near Chichester). We qualified 3 cars but will just take 2; Zebedee and Brian. The races are 10:30 (formula F24+ - Brian racing) and 1:00pm (big race - 76 cars).

http://www.selwoodsolutions.co.uk

website gives on- line live progress, results, lap timing.
There will be a display of road EV's there I believe, featuring some stalwarts from on here.....
Free entry for anyone interested!

bobc

Postby bobc » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:23 pm

Anybody go to the final?

We won

How cool is that???? We had an absolutely brilliant day. We came second in the first race (F24+) by a fraction of a second(!!!) over a 90minutes race, and won the main event by a lap & a half.
I tell you what, winning any race is a fantastic feeling, but winning the national final; with a team of schoolgirls is just incredible, I'm still grinning at the memories of that day & I'm sure the girls will remember it as long as they live - well done to Sandbach high school CAUC team!

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:27 am

I certainly went but I was stuck in the paddock the whole day with the BVS Stand.

Well done on your win !!! I'ts such a buzz to take part I know myself as we came last previously but we did win a trophy for inovation. To win it is fantastic I'm sure the girls will be on such a high :D

Return to “Hot off the press....”