Using an electric vehicle for business

General BVS related area
MB

Using an electric vehicle for business

Postby MB » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:49 am

Do many owners use their electric cars for business purposes? If so, how are they used?

We own a G-Wiz and are based in Reading - about 35 miles west of London and - previous to our purchase, a G-Wiz free zone.

Because we're based outside of London, the G-Wiz is a very rare sight and therefore gets lots of attention. Our car is mainly used for social, domestic and pleasure driving, but also does get used for our business - visiting clients and suppiers, collecting and delivering paperwork, that sort of thing.

Once we got the car and realised how much attention it gets, we decided to get it sign-written. Sign writing is a very easy thing to do now and it doesn't damage the paintwork on the car. We chose vinyl lettering and applied it ourselves with a wet sponge and a hair-dryer. The total cost was around £35 plus an hour or so work.

We contacted the local press who were only too interested in featuring a local business using an electric car. We had photographs in two of the local newspapers and articles written about the car.

It has been one of our best advertising mediums - it attracts attention whereever it goes and we've had a number of enquiries which have been directly attributable to the G-Wiz.

Anyone else got any similar experiences to share?

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:59 am

Well, the flying Banana is used daily as my drive around Bristol and is used to get to and from Clients. It's very popular with the kids I teach and I'm sure people know who I am now because of it.

It's rather funny because everyone always introduces me these days like this:
"This is Nikki. She drives the coolest electric car!"
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

Return to “General”