Wouldn't it be good in 2008 to...

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:34 am

I completely agree with the last couple of posts.

Is it worth putting a simple plan together with volunteers and posting this as a general project thread.

That way everyone gets visibility and it may encourage other people to contribute.

Regards,
Rob

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:07 am

arsharpe wrote:
Is it worth putting a simple plan together with volunteers and posting this as a general project thread.

We have the plan and it's in motion we just need the volunteers. There's already 3 groups with co-ordinators on the main site so all folk have to do is get intouch. With the limited range of EVs the more pocket regions we can get active the better.

The best thing though that people can do is come along and support the events which are being put on such as the Electrathon comming up and the Bromley Pageant of Motoring this weekend. There's a calendar feature on the main site with these and other events so it's easy to find out about them. Just keep checking the main site http://www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:27 pm

Thanks for info.

I didn't appreciate the large amount of info in the events page. Excellent, its really easy to use.

The events page obviously details the firm events, however, it might still be worth having a thread or similar to cover project status similar to the following:-

[Chineham Park Charging Points, Basingstoke, Hants] arsharpe, 8 June 2007 -
Latest: landlord very keen and considering proposal. Expected decision July 2007.

[Car Park Charging Points, Basingstoke, Hants] arsharpe, 1 June 2007 -
Latest: Not heard back from country

[Milestones Museum, Basingstoke] arsharpe, 16 June 2007 -
Contacted with the aim of being involved with vehicle/green shows and get an idea about costs of using their facility.
Latest: Awaiting reply from 16 June email.

Then we get to share what everyone else is doing as well.

What do people think ?

So what are the plans that you need volunteers with ?

Regards,
Rob

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:58 pm

hmmm food for thought there though I'm not too sure to what extent we should have this kind of thing posted. I sent Mark Shuttleworth an e-mail the other day asking about the possibility of hitching a ride with him on Space Ship One next time he goes up so should I post that too ? ;)

I think we should concentrate on the definite certainties rather than have lots of definite maybes up on the site too. But I take you point.

MB

Postby MB » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:35 pm

This thread has gone awful quiet. Shame really, because I still think a roving roadshow - even if it only starts with one event - would be a good thing to do.

I would have thought that we would be able to get a number of exhibitors interested in attending as well - BBIG, Modec, Vetrix, NICE, Aixam, Urban Mover/Lexola and Powabyke to name just a few would all be interested - especially if we kept the fees as competitive as possible. Sponsorship by the local council where we hold the roadshow would be good as well.

It would also be good to have a couple of novelties going on at the same time - such as a live vehicle conversion, converting a petrol car to an electric car at the event, and possibly something like electric go-kart racing.

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:00 pm

Hi Mike there is a small group (which is growing now the new magazine and website are making inroads) who are keen and eager to do more events. Count me in I've attended quite a few this year and there's more to come too :D

The old days of the 'Fred in a Shed brigade' are coming to an end and the new era has begun well. It's great to have such discussions taking place and people organising all kinds of activities across the country. There's the El weekend very soon in Bristol, another Northern meet at a superb venue in Mansfield next month plus PML Flightlink are doing a talk at Brookwood too soon. I've got to get some things organised down here also on the South Coast. There's lots going on in the background and the more volunteers we have to help out the better.

I think 2008 is going to be a good year with lots of projects running at last :D

Return to “Events”