Charging Points - comments please

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
Night Train

Re: Charging Points - comments please

Postby Night Train » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:40 pm

If you, or your brother's company, are in the Greater Manchester area maybe it would be worth seeing what is involved in adding a charge point to my house.

I would need it controlled and switched on by request as someone is bound to start nicking electricity otherwise.
I would also still fit a point up the driveway for my own charging.

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:16 am

Night Train wrote:If you, or your brother's company, are in the Greater Manchester area maybe it would be worth seeing what is involved in adding a charge point to my house.
Great! Can you send me a message with your contact details?
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:38 pm

Kevin Sharpe wrote:
ChrisB wrote:At the end of the day keep up the good work, like I'm doing currently with the on street ones here in the south :wink:
Can you give us some idea of when this will go live? What capacity sockets will this deploy? We have a number of locations in the Hampshire, Wiltshire, and West Sussex areas and it would make sense to avoid duplication if possible.

I've sent a PM as I still cant say a huge amount on this yet.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Night Train

Postby Night Train » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:52 pm

Kevin,
Just a thought.

How might I, or you, pursuade or suggest to my employer, Burnley College, that they may want to install a charge point?

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:44 pm

Night Train wrote:How might I, or you, pursuade or suggest to my employer, Burnley College, that they may want to install a charge point?
Sometime between now and the BLFCC on the 6th November the "Charge Points Everywhere" website will go live (http://www.chargepointseverywhere.com/). This is one of the projects being run by a UK Charity that we have established to promote EV's and Renewable Energy. After that date, we will be able to offer 13A+32A Charge Points completely free of charge (including installation) if the site is prepared to offer public access and free electricity. To help with the electricity bill we are also expecting to announce free charge point electricity for the first year from one of our energy partners.

The "Charge Points Everywhere" project is designed to kick start the deployment of 'fast' charge points and my hope is that in the future every car park, hotel, restaurant, and public building will have at least one 13A+32A charge point. We are also designing these systems without expensive management systems or key fobs to minimise the cost and maximise the number of charge points we can deploy.

I'll let you know when we have more public information available.... many thanks for your interest.
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

rustybkts

Postby rustybkts » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:01 am

Kevin,

I am very interested in your work to virtually force charge points to be installed around the country.

As a qualified and time served (too long) industrial and once domestic electrician, I offer my services if you require them.

The only problem is not having the domestic "part P" latest requirement which I could take or can be circumvented by any work being inspected as you would probably wish anyway. :wink:

Great venture and a credit to you.
EV Lotus Elise with 30/67Kw Siemens ex Ford Ranger motor
Sinclair C5 twin battery
2 x Zike bikes
Electric Ride On Mower (Lynch Power!)
Bosch beard trimmer

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:53 am

rustybkts wrote:As a qualified and time served (too long) industrial and once domestic electrician, I offer my services if you require them.

The only problem is not having the domestic "part P" latest requirement which I could take or can be circumvented by any work being inspected as you would probably wish anyway. :wink:
Thank you, this is exactly the sort of practical help that we need. Please PM me with your contact details and we will see how we can work together. My brothers company is responsible for all of the installations and certifications so we need to liaise with them on the practicalities.

Night Train

Postby Night Train » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:51 pm

Kevin Sharpe wrote:
Night Train wrote:How might I, or you, pursuade or suggest to my employer, Burnley College, that they may want to install a charge point?
Sometime between now and the BLFCC on the 6th November the "Charge Points Everywhere" website will go live (http://www.chargepointseverywhere.com/). This is one of the projects being run by a UK Charity that we have established to promote EV's and Renewable Energy. After that date, we will be able to offer 13A+32A Charge Points completely free of charge (including installation) if the site is prepared to offer public access and free electricity. To help with the electricity bill we are also expecting to announce free charge point electricity for the first year from one of our energy partners.

The "Charge Points Everywhere" project is designed to kick start the deployment of 'fast' charge points and my hope is that in the future every car park, hotel, restaurant, and public building will have at least one 13A+32A charge point. We are also designing these systems without expensive management systems or key fobs to minimise the cost and maximise the number of charge points we can deploy.

I'll let you know when we have more public information available.... many thanks for your interest.

Thanks Kevin, I might see if I can discretly mention charging points again to see how receptive the college will be, maybe prime them to start thinking positively about it.

baci

Postby baci » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:05 am

>It sounds like a good idea.... I'm trying to focus my efforts on providing the charging point hardware, installation, finance, and coordinating the various groups that show interest. I'm hoping that individuals will get involved who then go after specific prospects like the supermarkets.

Hi Kevin,

I'd love to get involved in your project, I'd be happy to help get prospects on board if you'd like, or in another capacity.

Thanks,
Adéna

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:09 pm

baci wrote:I'd love to get involved in your project, I'd be happy to help get prospects on board if you'd like, or in another capacity.
Fantastic! After the BLFCC on the 6th November I'll arrange a get together for the people who've expressed an interest in helping with these projects. I'm sure we can find plenty for you to do!

Return to “All things battery related”