End to End - John o'Groats to Land's End 21-22 May 2011

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
Kevin Sharpe

Re: End to End - John o'Groats to Land's End 21-22 May 2011

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:36 pm

Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

Beemer

Postby Beemer » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:11 am

What sickens me Kevin is the totally uneducated commenting in the Mail.

I missed my chance to tell them it takes 5.5KWH of electricity to make a gallon of fuel. 5.5KWH can power a SUPERCAR EV for that gallons distance of an ordinary proles car making fuel oil and the exportation of our moneys totally pointless, don't you think?

They also miss the point that "rich" people don't drive sporty electric cars simply because they are green. They drive them for how they feel! Oh, yes, not having to show your famous mush filling up in the wet after queuing with the rest of the proles on some miserable day when you can simply plug it in at home. Have a priority parking slot and a bite to eat. Leaving the miserable lot clonking through their gearboxes, making a smell and claiming superiority.

The deluded think this Gov't can put taxes on electricity for EV's. They fail to comprehend that is already disallowed under EU law.

Then there's the servicing issues of a Tesla. Those tyres, coolant top up's and brakes. That's it?
No exhausts, filters, oil changes, spark plugs, valves, belts, filth... Oh that's tough!

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:42 am

Beemer wrote:What sickens me Kevin is the totally uneducated commenting in the Mail.

You need Kitten Block
"Replaces the angry-making Daily Mail and Daily Express websites with a soothing selection of tea and kittens from www.teaandkittens.co.uk"
Tim Crumpton

Beemer

Postby Beemer » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:21 pm

timpootle wrote:
Beemer wrote:What sickens me Kevin is the totally uneducated commenting in the Mail.

You need Kitten Block
"Replaces the angry-making Daily Mail and Daily Express websites with a soothing selection of tea and kittens from http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk"

I could never go round blocking kittens and tea!

Consider this thread hijacked. :mrgreen:

5.5KWH to make a gallon of fuel. why bother with the middleman? :shock:

Return to “Events”