Shakespeare County Raceway 1st and 2nd October 2011

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
John Cave

Shakespeare County Raceway 1st and 2nd October 2011

Postby John Cave » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:22 pm

You will have seen details of this event in the BVR. Below is the text of an email from Jeremy Cookson, Director of SCR.

The Vehicle Battery Society members are more than welcome to take part at next weekend's Public Track Day Oct 1st/2nd. Furthermore members are also welcome to the mid October Public Track Day 15th/16th as well.

General admission costs are:

EVENT ADMISSION DETAILS:
All prices are per person
Sat Gate £12.00 Advance n/a
Sun Gate £12.00 Advance £10.00
Weekend £22.00 Advance £20.00

RWYB TEST & TUNE TRACK FEE:
One day: £20 per person (Unlimited Runs) or £35 per person for a weekend of Unlimited Fun (helmets required).

If you know already of a good expected turn out it would be good to run you guys together on Sunday. This would help to promote you as a group as well as help us run the battery powered car/bikes on the day.

All cars/bikes will be required to be scrutineered by our own scrutineers.

I might not be able to run a handling track as parts of the airfield will be used for flying when we're racing. Its a different scenario this time than when you held your own event at the track. But we'll review that next week if I may. How much room do you require to run safely and out of the way of passing traffic?

In the meantime I will add you to our club list for next weeks event on our web site.

I can't get there on Saturday but I will be there on Sunday.

I'll update this during the week to lete veryone know if we manage to get a handling track.

Please let me know if you are intending to run on Sunday. Airfields can be lonely places. 07930 442762 or events@batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk

John Cave

Re: Shakespeare County Raceway 1st and 2nd October 2011

Postby John Cave » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Shakespeare County Raceway have confirmed that the handling track will not be available but we are invited to join in with the RWYB event as previously explained.

I plan to be there on Sunday so if you are running or just visiting please come along for a chat.

John Cave

Re: Shakespeare County Raceway 1st and 2nd October 2011

Postby John Cave » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Got back from the SCR event a few hours ago. Perfect weather - but only one EV. Had a pleasent chat with a BVS member who had gone to the event to do some research for a planned conversion. A couple of other members rang me to ask how many vehicles would be attending because they wanted to see EVs perform.

Sincere thanks to John Lilley for running his Rover Metro based trike and posting an excellent 16.737 for the standing start quarter mile with a terminal speed of 80.5 mph.

It's time to start the debate about the type of event BVS members want and what they are prepared to support in the current economic climate.

Return to “Events”