Greenpower Finals , Goodwood, Sunday 14 October 2012

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
greenpowerfinals

Greenpower Finals , Goodwood, Sunday 14 October 2012

Postby greenpowerfinals » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:33 pm

We look forward to welcoming all members of the BVS to the Greenpower Finals at Goodwood this Sunday, 14 October 2012.
We are delighted that Nick Ponting, the UK Electric Land Speed Record holder, will be in attendance all day.
Terry has confirmed that there will currently be four vehicles on display from BVS members, some on two wheels, some on four.
For the first time this year we are offering a few parade laps of the iconic Goodwood Motor Circuit - for free - to interesting EVs between the two big races. So if this appeals, please contact us at greenpowerfinals@hodgsonevents.com or call 01798 861 815.
There are plenty of 13 amp sockets available, and by prior arrangement some more heavy duty power supplies. (Sometimes the sockets at Goodwood may trip out, but we will be on the case to flip them back on!)
The whole event is going to be rather more of an "event" this year than ever before, with many exhibitors and attractions.
See http://www.greenpowerfinals.com

mattcarr

Re: Greenpower Finals , Goodwood, Sunday 14 October 2012

Postby mattcarr » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:28 am

I am looking forward to attending with my Citroen c1 Ev'ie this year. Bonus also is that the forecast looks good for the weekend as well.

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Such a shame that the hotel doesn't have charging points here. I will have to wait to charge at the event tomorrow.

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:53 pm

mattcarr wrote:Such a shame that the hotel doesn't have charging points here.
Please tell them they can have two for free :D

http://www.zerocarbonworld.org/free-charging-stations
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:01 pm

Just want to say that we had a nice day at Goodwood. nice that I got to drive my car for 2 laps on the track as a parade. Shame that the Tesla took the lime light from the other cars on the big screen !!!!.

Nice to meet a few new faces on the day - and very interesting to see just how much work the team that Dennis helps does on their electrathon car.

I am glad that I signed up to Polar Charging network - well worh the tenner I spent - managed to make use of the charging points on the way to goodwood. Even saw another car charging at Waitrose Chichester.

I'll get a few photos online in the next few days.

Matt

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:06 am

mattcarr wrote:Just want to say that we had a nice day at Goodwood. nice that I got to drive my car for 2 laps on the track as a parade.

Ah so there letting us back on the track again, last time I was there they wouldnt let us on the track after several years of being able to, it was a great dissappontment as I had bought several EV's that year (Blingo, C1, Scooter and some bikes) and we just ended up as a static display :roll:

Its good going round the track isnt it 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

bobc

Postby bobc » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:17 am

Just a 'bump' to note that this year's finals are approaching on Sunday October 13th.
My team have got back to the sharp end in both races on the day (Look out for Dougal vs Jet in the first race and Dougal vs Rotary Racer in the 2nd).
Looking forward to another good day out! (actually it's more than a day travelling down from the north west) There will be participants from Poland and USA(!) as well as the usual UK contingent.
Bob

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:35 am

do the BVS have a display at the finals this year?
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:48 pm

I think Terry Harding was organising a stand, yes.
Tim Crumpton

bobc

Postby bobc » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:06 pm

quick report on the day (now over a month ago). We came 2nd in both races, and we were out of the main race for 23 minutes with electrical problems due to the continuous heavy rain. So, pretty good day (i.e. could do better...!!!.). Main race was won by Rotary Racer for the 3rd year on the trot. In the other race we spun off the track in the lead & then had a stop-go penalty (for losing control). We got back from last place to 2nd but could not catch the leaders "Jet"

Return to “Events”