Question about Vpower batteries (and others)

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
badnewswade

Question about Vpower batteries (and others)

Postby badnewswade » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:38 am

I notice that Vpower batteries on ebay are getting really cheap. Has anyone tried these? Thinking of getting two 36v40ah ones to make a 72v battery. Am I being unrealistic? They do seem a lot cheaper than Ping, who never seems to drop his prices, while other batteries just get cheaper and cheaper. What do people think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/36V-40AH-LiFe ... 4ab5821347
34 Watt Hours per mile, or > 700 MPG. What, me, smug?

casemod

Re: Question about Vpower batteries (and others)

Postby casemod » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:19 am

badnewswade wrote:I notice that Vpower batteries on ebay are getting really cheap. Has anyone tried these? Thinking of getting two 36v40ah ones to make a 72v battery. Am I being unrealistic? They do seem a lot cheaper than Ping, who never seems to drop his prices, while other batteries just get cheaper and cheaper. What do people think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/36V-40AH-LiFe ... 4ab5821347" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You need to be carefull with what you buy already assembled.
First if one cell goes bad you are screwed... No way to change it without tearing the pack.
Second I almost got a fire on one of these packs that came with my e-bike after a short. The fuse was present on the battery casing but no wires going into it. I later bought a bunch of Headways and a decent PCM/BMS and no problems. My range doubled for the same capacity as well.

As with anything on the battery business, the quality you get reflect in how much you pay.
Also always make some tecnical questions to the seller and see how they go on. Some are just sellers and dont know anything about the battery. Obviously you wont have support from this guys.

badnewswade

Re: Question about Vpower batteries (and others)

Postby badnewswade » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:30 am

Have decided to go with Ping now - what do you think of them? Getting two sets of 36v30ah ones....
34 Watt Hours per mile, or > 700 MPG. What, me, smug?

Return to “All things battery related”