electric wheelbarrow

Have you an battery powered lawn mower or kiddy car or anything that is not designed for the road, be it home made or bought, then this is a area for you
ootuks

electric wheelbarrow

Postby ootuks » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:23 am

I'd like to put together a wheelbarrow, 24v with a motor like the etek . Using an atv frame/drive wheels with an allterrain swivel caster with handles for steering. At 72 rpm per volt will also need a tranny,(hydrostatic?)

Anyone with any thoughts of a similar project or references for some guidelines ?

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:45 am

oOooh... no, but you may want to check out the evalbum at http://www.evalbum.com :)

Electric Wheelbarrorw. :) Sounds fun :)
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

social misfit

Re: electric wheelbarrow

Postby social misfit » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:42 pm

ootuks wrote:I'd like to put together a wheelbarrow, 24v with a motor like the etek . Using an atv frame/drive wheels with an allterrain swivel caster with handles for steering. At 72 rpm per volt will also need a tranny,(hydrostatic?)

Anyone with any thoughts of a similar project or references for some guidelines ?
i used to have one it was based on a braun mobility buggy,used a 12 system and carried 6cwt, you could use a mobility scooter rear end which are nearly all 24 volt now and will move around 2 cwt, geared down a bit and probably double that.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:28 pm

Wheres Deker when you need him, he's the boy for non road going stuff, he built a most excellent mobile hedge clipping platform 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Deker

Where ?

Postby Deker » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:46 am

Yes Chris.

Deker is looking, but how can one help another when they can't be bothered to state their location when they sign up.

Might seem silly to you, but I have contacts in other parts of the country who may be able to help.
That is - if the enquirer is not close to me.

That person could not even be bothered to put a contact name in their post.

Personally I feel that the Location Field in the sign up should be mandatory.

Deker.

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Re: Where ?

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:20 am

Deker wrote:Yes Chris.

Deker is looking, but how can one help another when they can't be bothered to state their location when they sign up.

Might seem silly to you, but I have contacts in other parts of the country who may be able to help.
That is - if the enquirer is not close to me.

That person could not even be bothered to put a contact name in their post.

Personally I feel that the Location Field in the sign up should be mandatory.

Deker.

I like to think that we welcome people here, whether they choose to share their location with us or not, or indeed their real name!

Perhaps you can offer general help for now? ;-)

Our new friend might like to share their location though, as you suggest, so that people might be able to give them more specific help.

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

Return to “Non road going EV's”