BVS Southwest (BEVOB) meet in Bristol

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:57 pm

Ah, well we'll save it for a future event then :)

See you Sunday in the regular car then :D
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

badnewswade

Postby badnewswade » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:44 pm

Damn - wish I could come along so I could meet you all and buy a magazine and hand over some ka$h for membership (I'm rubbish at sending in forms) but as I've mentioned my book clubs is on Sunday so I can't.

Does anyone have a date for the next one so I can see about making some time for it?

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:04 pm

badnewswade wrote:(I'm rubbish at sending in forms)

I'm sure if you where to PM your address to Nikki or myself and then drop a cheque in the post to one of our address's we can sort out your membership for you :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

badnewswade

Postby badnewswade » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:34 pm

That's exactly the kind of thing I'm rubbish at! I hate dealing with cheques, postal orders, and all that jazz. (also I'm really broke right now having spent all my money on duffo AAs :oops: )

So, you got a date for the next meet? Or is it just every four weeks?

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:44 pm

badnewswade wrote: (also I'm really broke right now )

So, you got a date for the next meet? Or is it just every four weeks?

Ahhhhhhhhh :wink:

We are looking at a paypal option which will be coming soon if that helps 8)

As for when the next meet is thats Nik's end so we'll have to wait for her.

ChrisB

badnewswade

Postby badnewswade » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:44 pm

I'm ashamed to say I'll buy just about anything if I can pay for it by paypal. So something that's actually useful and worthwhile (like BVS membership) would be a neat change from the piles of junk I've accumulated during my latest online spending spree.

Must go now, apparently they're selling Elvis's toenail clippings on Ebay, and they're only $100! :P

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:42 pm

Right so can we sort this out then, I havent got a paypal account but Nikki might, if she has then it might be possible for you to paypal her the money and PM your details to you and then we can get you on board 8)

What do you recon Nikki ?? possible ??

ChrisB

ChopperMan

Postby ChopperMan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:53 pm

Hi Chris,

If your thinking of setting up online payment for membership, can I recommend Google Checkout. It's easy to setup and they only charge 1.5%. PayPal is 2.25%, admititedly a lot of people have PayPal already, so I suppose it may be a more popular option for members.

I have setup hundreds of PayPal and Google Checkout systems, with shopping carts or just buy now buttons. (I run a website development agency as a day job.) So if you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask, I would be happy to make any contribution.

Ian

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:14 pm

ChopperMan wrote:Hi Chris,

If your thinking of setting up online payment for membership, can I recommend Google Checkout. It's easy to setup and they only charge 1.5%. PayPal is 2.25%, admititedly a lot of people have PayPal already, so I suppose it may be a more popular option for members.

I have setup hundreds of PayPal and Google Checkout systems, with shopping carts or just buy now buttons. (I run a website development agency as a day job.) So if you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask, I would be happy to make any contribution.

Ian

Thanks Ian , yeah its something thats in the pipeline, not really my department, I was just trying to help BNW with his membership really while the powers to be turn the wheels of that side of things.

Thanks for your idea I'll make sure the right peeps see this thread :wink:

ChrisB

badnewswade

Postby badnewswade » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:53 pm

It's ok, I'm not in a huge hurry in any case having vast bills, etc to take care of. Could do with buying a few back issues of the magazine when I eventually get to a meet though - particularly the current one I think as it has an article on pedelcs I believe?

Return to “Events”