Meetings in Hertfordshire

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
Deker

Meetings in Hertfordshire

Postby Deker » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:02 am

I live in Borehamwood, South Hertfordshire.
Would like to set up BVS meetings.
For weekends, prefer Saturday afternoons/early evening.

For members and non members who live in the Herts, West Essex, N.W. London, East or South Bucks areas, and any other areas you may think of.

To have meets at my untidy residence in Borehamwood.

For constructors I have machining facilities, i.e. band saw, lathe, small mill/drill, MIG & ARC welding, electric and gas brazing equipment.

Free for use to BVS members, however, donations towards electrickery and gas would be appreciated.
That’s ‘cos BOC charge me plenty for their gas and bottle rental.

Plus Shotblasting and Bead Peening, for this I would have to charge, due the costly operation of this plant. £10 per hour DIY, or £16 per hour if I do it, and for trade customers.
£20 per hour for retail customers/non members.

I can help with wiring and switching advice, but not much with electronic stuff.

I’m new to these forums, Iv no idea how you get in touch with me, I’m told not to give my email address, ChrisB knows how to –

Deker. Contacts on the committee.

qdos

Postby qdos » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:58 am

Woooh now that's a good offer to the BVS members round Herts.

Welcome aboard. The forum is pretty simple you should get an e-mail notification when people reply to threads you comment in and then you log on to the forum and click on the Posts since last visit button on the right hand side near the top.

People can send you a private message too which you'll see at the top of the screen second line down in the top navigation.

You'll soon get the hang of things :)

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:35 pm

I will say this is a top offer from our Mr D

He has got some top kit and knows a good bit about stuff, so come on folks in and around that area this is one hell of an offer and not to be sniffed at 8)

I've been to his workshop and its well kitted out with all kinds of goodies 8)

I'll send you a PM Mr D so you get the hang of how PMs work :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

geekygrilli

Postby geekygrilli » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:31 pm

Oh, I was just popping in here to send a message about a possible North London meet, and maybe suggesting the BVS have a stand at the Enfield Pagent of Motoring...?

I'm only in Friern Barnet, and electricvehicles is not too far away either, nor is EVguru, in Luton...so we should have a meet up soon.

I think its great that you are willing to share your time, equipment and knowledge within the BS community. Good on you!

Christopher

Deker

Postby Deker » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:50 am

Christopher – I have often thought about a BVS stand at The Enfield Pageant of Motoring,
I should be able to find out if they charge for exhibitors !
Anybody else who can find out ?

I’ve displayed my e-bike and 24volt elevator at The Bromley Pageant of Motoring.
Let visitors do the vertical bit.

You say “I think its great that you are willing to share your time, equipment and knowledge within the BS community “ What is BS ?

ChrisB : Thanks for the tip of using Word to type my blurb for the forum, one of those daft things I should have thought of, but since wife died, my “Brineâ€Â

geekygrilli

Postby geekygrilli » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:05 am

Ah, sorry, I meant BVS!!

ChopperMan

Postby ChopperMan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:28 am

Hi All,

This is a fantastic offer Deker, very generous. It would be great if we could have a BVS meeting/workshop at your venue, maybe a Q&A with our local experts?

The shows sound like fun too:

24-26th May 2008 Enfield Pageant of Motoring Enfield, Middx. Info: 020 8367 1898.

15 June 2008 Bromley Pageant of Motoring.

By June I hope to have my sponsored vehicle on the road, all 'Top Secret' at present, but it would certainly help attract a lot of attention to a BVS stand!

Cheers,

Ian
Electric chopper ebike with PUMA motor (1.2kW) and 36V 20Ah LiFePO4 batteries. 23 mph & 20 mile range with no peddling (Sorry, what are peddles for?).

geekygrilli

Postby geekygrilli » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:29 am

Hi Chopperman, you're not too far away either!

May I suggest we do next years' Enfield Pageant of Motoring...by trying to get a stand together this year I'll be under an awful lot of pressure to get my car finished to a show finish!

Maybe I'll start a new thread in the Events section - does the BVS have any stand 'equipment'?

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:07 pm

Keen to hear when it's not Top Secret :wink:

Return to “Events”