March 29th North West Meet

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

March 29th North West Meet

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:22 pm

Tim and I are thinking of holding a northern meet at our local pub, near Manchester Airport, on Saturday 29th March. We are close to junction 6 of the M56, in the Altrincham area of South Manchester.

The pub (The Romper) is within spitting distance of our house, and we have room on our driveway for 4 vehicles to charge up if needed. If we get more than that coming then we may be able to arrange further charging at the pub - I will look into it.

I'm thinking meet from 12noon at our place, then pub lunch 1pmish, and continue until we get bored ;-)

This post is just to assess interest. If 2 or more people say they can come then we'll go ahead, and another post from me with further details will follow.

Thanks,

Mary.
Last edited by MaryRCrumpton on Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:21 pm

Can I suggest you call it the North West Group as you're more North West than North. In fact a lot could even say you're South :wink:

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Just for you qdos....

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:14 pm

... I have changed the topic title to North *West* Meet ;-)

So.... gonna come up and join us? I am sure we can welcome a southener.

Mary.

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:06 am

Just because this meeting is in Cheshire, it's still a northern (England) meet as there is a bigger plan afoot.

The plan goes- one month Leeds, one month Cheshire, one month Newcastle, then round again. This is the hope of me, Tesla and MalcB. We haven't got venues properly settled yet: they may be fixed or they may move around within those areas.

This was encouraged by Nikki saying that the regular Bristol meet had brought people out of the woodwork. Hopefully the same will happen here.

So yes, northern meet, held at the Romper pub, Ringway, Cheshire, on the 29th of March. Come and join the fun
Tim Crumpton

qdos

Postby qdos » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:29 am

aha excellent idea

though being as my family are mostly geordies there's many who would not consider Cheshire The North proper :wink: Are you doing Carlisle ?

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:52 pm

Like Tim says, we reckoned a regular rotating meeting was probably the best way of giving as many 'northerners' as possible the chance to get to a meeting, as well as sharing the task of arranging meets between us. I'm aiming to make it down for this one too. It does make it easier to arrange these things if we just get some idea in advance of how many are likely to turn up, otherwise you start imagining the whistling of the wind and those big balls of twigs and stuff rolling across a desolate plain ... or is that just me?

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:09 pm

Thanks Malcolm - really grateful for your support. You will be coming a long way. Again.

I shall now start sending personal invites to the local Cheshireites. I have counted 13 so far. Add your name here if you're thinking of coming. As Malcolm said; an idea of numbers would be a big help. I had been fearing the tumbleweed. It was brave of TeslaFP to set up the first one in December, but things seem to be developing nicely now.
Tim Crumpton

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

FINAL ARRANGEMENTS

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:09 pm

Tim and I are holding a north-west meet at our local pub, near Manchester Airport, on Saturday 29th March. Here are the final details:

TIMES:

Meet at our house from 12noon onwards, to plug-in and admire our 2 Berlingo Electrique vans and any other battery vehicles that are joining us.
1pmish - stroll over to the Romper pub nearby.
1.30pmish - those that want food order a late lunch.
Continue until bored (probably around 5pmish).

We and the Romper pub are close to junction 6 of the M56, in the Altrincham area of South Manchester / Cheshire.

Our address - Peters Croft, Sunbank Lane, Ringway, Altrincham, Cheshire. WA15 0PS
Pub address - Wilmslow Road, Ringway, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA15 8XJ
For pub info, including map and directions links please visit: http://www.thespiritgroup.com/pub-searc ... at=0&chk=0

If you are looking on an OS map (or A-Z) of the area, you will see a cross marking a church at the airport end of Sunbank lane where we are. The church is immediately next door to our house, and opposite the Romper pub.

Following brown signs to the Aviation Viewing Park (and yellow signs to Concorde) is another good way to find us, as they will take you past our front door. Make a fun day of it and do some aeroplane spotting in the morning :-) The viewing park is a short walk around the corner from our house and the pub.

If you come by train, the nearest station is Manchester Airport train station, and from the Airport bus station you can catch a bus to the airport cargo centre, then cut through to the pub from there (a 2 minute walk from the cargo centre bus stop).

If you will need to charge your car up for longer than the duration of the meet, then we don't mind giving you access to our electricity before the meet starts by prior arrangement. You'll need to wander off and entertain yourself at the viewing park or elsewhere until 12 though.

PUB FACILITIES:

The pub (The Romper) is literally within spitting distance of our house, and has good disabled access and a disabled toilet.
They have a reasonable selection of vegetarian meals as well as carnivorous meals, and they can cater for coeliacs (gluten-intolerant) too.
The pub is child friendly if you are thinking of bringing kids, and they do have high chairs for young ones. There is no kids play area however. The pub do not allow dogs in.

Although Tim and I will be eating lunch, there is no obligation to buy lunch if you would rather save all your pennies for your electric car project. The pub serve a good selection of beer, wine and soft drinks for those that would prefer a light liquid lunch ;-)

CHARGING FACILITIES:

We have room on our driveway for 4 vehicles to charge up if needed. If we get more than that coming then we may be able to arrange further charging at the pub - Please tell me in advance if you require charging facilities so that I can make sure we can cater for everyone.

If you get lost on the day, or have any questions, you can phone my mobile: 07751 696 055.

Alternatively, email me: BVS AT ChezMary DOT com

To get an idea of numbers so we know how big a table to sit at when we get to the pub, it would be great if people could comment here to say they are coming, or text me, email, snailmail, carrier pigeon....

Thanks,

Mary.

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:48 pm

Hang on Mary - TWO vans?

I thought you only had one berlingo! Woooo! Two! :)

You lucky so-and-sos :)
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

aembleton

Postby aembleton » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:06 am

I'll try to make it.

Return to “Events”