Th!nk Show and tell, Bristol

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:48 pm

I would be interested in seeing one, though I do agree that a more central location would be better.

I wonder if it would be possible to get one along to the society AGM where there will, hopefully, be quite a lot of members around to see it?
The location of the AGM (Coventry area) is pretty central to the UK for members to get to, so it would seem to make sense to combine the two things perhaps.

What do other people think of this as a venue for the Th!nk to come to?

If it were parked near the BVS stand at the show then it would draw people towards our stand too... ;-)

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:54 pm

not a bad idea there Mary! Though I think they can afford the stand a lot easier than the BVS can so they ought to pay for something although JP may have managed it free but don't let Th!nk know that :wink:

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:24 pm

Umm.. Kit Car Show? I don't think Th!nk want to be associated with kit cars. They are having enough trouble distancing themselves from the quadricycles.

I had imagined Th!nk would be touring the country- Nikki's idea of the BEVOB meet was a good one, then one in the midlands, Manchester, Newcastle, Edinburgh etc etc.

I have an email from Don Cochrane, Sales & Marketing Director TH!NK UK, which says this:
"we are looking to start selling the TH!NK city in the uk at the end of the year with the first customer deliveries to take place in January 2009. We are in talks with a large distribution partner and hope to make an announcement in May."

No idea who the distributor might be, but it is all good news for EVs.
Tim Crumpton

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:48 pm

no mention of Dorchester then :wink: And I'd have been happy to promote them on Qdos Cars

Ho hum I guess as we do both quadricycles and build kits too we're the last folk on earth they want to speak to

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:40 am

Well, all I did was write to them and request that they came down, and followed up with a phone call.

Contact details on the Th!nk Site :)
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

anachrocomputer

Postby anachrocomputer » Tue May 06, 2008 8:52 pm

I'd like to see the new Think car -- and I spoke to someone at the IET meeting today who was also keen on it, so there may be interest from others in the Bristol area. We'd need to make sure it was publicised properly.
1994 Suzuki Cappuccino
1992 Mini-El electric bubblecar

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue May 06, 2008 9:09 pm

It would be good for someone to write a road test report on one to follow up the article in Plugged In

hailstorm

Postby hailstorm » Mon May 12, 2008 5:55 am

I'd love to have a drive in the Think City. Cribbs Causeway would probably be the easiest place to get to for me.

Return to “Events”