MANSFIELD ELECTROTHON

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
stuart mills

MANSFIELD ELECTROTHON

Postby stuart mills » Wed May 28, 2008 9:44 pm

A date was set for Aug 16th. I offered my 1/2mile track and assumed those who attended my open day were going to organise the event.
I have heard nothing, opps a missed opportunity maybe. I assume folks are not bothered and will cancel the event. Trust no ones going to show up. Stuart

qdos

Postby qdos » Wed May 28, 2008 9:56 pm

Well that's a real shame :(

I've visited Stuart's premesis last year and it's a superb venue. Unfortunately I'm down on the South Coast otherwise I'd be there like a shot. It's rather sad that it seems no one has contacted Stuart regarding this generous offer he made and I'm rather disappointed that the folks in the region haven't apparantly got themselves organised for what could have been a superb event. Surely someone in the region can get themselves organised and put a bit of effort in?

All the same I'd like to say thank you to Stuart on behalf of the BVS and also sorry too that it seems no one has contacted you to take this kind offer further. If someone is good enough to take up this possible date would you still be open to providing your facilities to the BVS? i have mentioned it now to several people covering the North / Midlands and had hoped they would have contacted you about it. I'm really disappointed they seem not to have done anything and will mention it to the committee.

stormbird

Postby stormbird » Thu May 29, 2008 9:06 am

Hi all

Well I did want to go , having missed the last one.

Unfortunately I will be enjoying myself in the middle of bentwaters airfield at the World HPV championships :D :D :D

regards Paul

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Thu May 29, 2008 9:51 am

Hi Stuart
Sorry about this. It was a very generous offer you made and it would make a really great event. We should have got back to you about it earlier and made some solid arrangements. The northern meetings are relatively new so far – the one you hosted was only the second – and we're not totally organised yet. What we really need in order to arrange something like this and make a real event of it is to get members to put their hands up and say they will definitely be coming along and will be able to bring an EV. Personally I'd love to do it, although it would mean hiring a trailer for my motorcycle. If anyone near me has a vehicle to bring down then perhaps we could share trailer costs?

As things stand now I don't honestly think we've got enough northern members with EVs who would be able to make it to an electrathon on your track. I reckon we need a bit more time to build numbers (and more EVs).
Sorry again for not being more communicative, hope we haven't put you out too much.

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Re: MANSFIELD ELECTROTHON

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Thu May 29, 2008 10:32 am

stuart mills wrote:A date was set for Aug 16th. I offered my 1/2mile track and assumed those who attended my open day were going to organise the event.
I have heard nothing, opps a missed opportunity maybe. I assume folks are not bothered and will cancel the event. Trust no ones going to show up. Stuart

Sorry about this Stuart.
It was my understanding (from Tim) that Tesla was organising the event.
I will poke him ;-)

Tim and I certainly had it in our diary and were hoping to make an appearance, though I am not sure if we will have an electric vehicle with us. It will take a couple of hops to get from Manchester in the North-West to Nottinghamshire.

I will also try to find out what our membership is like in Nottinghamshire, and the Midlands generally, to see how many vehicles are within range that we might be able to have in attendance.

If we can get back to you with a definite committment within a week then would you still be willing to go ahead Stuart?

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

stuart mills

Postby stuart mills » Thu May 29, 2008 6:37 pm

Come on then you peeps. Dont miss this golden FREE opportunity.
I have done my bit by providing the facility, all you need to do is rally round and make it happen. Please let me know if its on or off. Stuart

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Thu May 29, 2008 8:12 pm

All systems go! :-)

I have left you a voicemail Stuart, but I have a volunteer to organise the event, and he will be in touch shortly....

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Thu May 29, 2008 8:28 pm

Well this is a good one...

I was prompted by The chairman to enquire about using the track at MEV. i did and Stuart was happy for us to use it great. some time later the BVS upset Stuart and he for a time disappeared from the forum until recently and i didn't want to pursue the issue with him, in fear of rubbing salt in. Then the R2 EV makes an appearance and Project qdos makes some progress and it's all back on again.

I find myself increasingly busy and really enjoy the regional meets i get the chance to organise, i don't think i can dedicate the time required to a gathering of this size (on my own initially) and at all now.

Please some one feel free to take advantage of Stuart's kind offer.

The last i remember was this event was to be organised by us all, and was not just my responsibility, don't appreciate the finger pointing.

Malcolm you are a true friend thanks for your support.

Qdos please feel free to air any concerns you have to the committee members but bear in mind the number of successful meetings we have had (the North) and the number of ACTIVE members our get togethers have generated for the BVS as a whole.
Yorkshire isn't just a place, it's a state of mind!

http://www.minievolution.com/

qdos

Postby qdos » Thu May 29, 2008 10:48 pm

Good stuff so people are wanting to get something organised that's good to hear :)

What I'm trying to get done is to get someone to fill the vacant posts for the committee of Publicity Officer and Events. We need someone who can coordinate these kinds of events such that they do take place rather than everyone sitting twiddling their thumbs saying wouldn't it be nice if........

So please someone step up to the plate so we can make a success of events such as this. We need someone who is able to help coordinate these events so that the regional reps don't have to do it all single handedly.

This an area of the organisation which we most definitely need improvements made, it's not unusual, surely someone can offer their services to be at least a link and get communications improved.

Return to “Events”