South: Sun 6th July '08: National BVS London-Brighton Run.

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
PHEV

Postby PHEV » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:20 pm

I've downladed mine....i'll send it today or monday!

I'll be bringing a support vehicle (renault master van) and gennie with me. I've also invited many of my customers to be at the marina later in the day...

Steve
*Mazda MX-5, 300KW peak, 300v 20KW/h lipo pack, Soliton 1000A controller. 1100KG.
*Ducati SS twin Agni 80HP peak.
*Aprilia RS motorcycle, 500A controller, Cedric's AgniMotor, 96v 6kw/h LiPo pack, 130kg, 90mph.
www.jozztek.com

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:08 pm

Excellent. I'd really like to see as many EVs on the day as possible! Don't forget that Hybrids are welcome along too!
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:58 pm

Well, we've had our first press request.

If anyone is willing to be used in press and publicity for the event please let me know.

Dear Nikki,

RE: SBS TV / Filming Inquiry

It was very nice to talk with you.
Further to our telephone conversation, I write to inquire for the filming of the Electric Cars.

My name is Channie Kwon, UK correspondent TV producer working for SBS, one of the major public TV in South Korea, like the BBC or ITV in the UK.

We are making a TV programme about 'The Green Cars in the UK' for the 'SBS Global Express' which is a famous and popular global infotainment TV show even in Japan, China, Hong-Kong and so on.
Due to very high price of petrol and many environmental reasons, we believe the green car stories in this broadcasting project would be very special and helpful information for the audience who are in South Korea and also in many Eastern-Asian countries as well.
Therefore, we request your help and permission for an interview and filming as following;

1. Filming Plan
1) BVS London-Brighton Run (Sun, 6th of July, 2008).
2) A person who is owned and driving the City-EL or G-wiz in London area.
* Actually, we prefer to cover both of vehicles, if you can find each owner of them for us.

2. What we want filming about
1) BVS London-Brighton Run
- The whole event process of the running day on Sun, 6th of July, 2008.

2) Interviewing and filming with the owner of the City-EL or G-wiz.
- General filming of driving the El-cars.
- Why you wanted have the electric car(s).
- All the benefits of having electric vehicle. (How you can save the money; Petrol, Congestion charge, Parking, Tax and so on.)
- Feedbacks from your family and friend.
- Personal Future prospects of Electric(Green) Cars.
- Campaign message for the audience.
- And etc.

3. Additional information
- The broadcasting will be air on Wed, 9th of July.
- We will send a copy of the programme after the broadcasting.
- Due to the deadline of its producing process, we suggest to have an interview a.s.a.p, at your earliest convenience.
- Please note that we have many experiences getting business inquiries after the broadcastings regarding such nice services and products.

It would be grateful as the representative of the Korean audience, if you could kindly allow us to have an interview regarding the Electric-cars.
Please let us know whether you would be available to have an interview with us, by calling to my mobile(07846 016 750) or e-mail(sbs@gnslondon.net).
Thank you very much and we are very looking forward to hearing from you, as soon as possible.

Best Regards

Channie Kwon
UK correspondent TV Producer of SBS
Mob. +44 (0)7846 016 750
e-mail: sbs@gnslondon.net

I think Channie was initially hoping to interview me with the City el, but of course I've just sold it! :oops:

I'm hoping he will consider filiming a berlingo and some of the other EVs too...

[/quote]
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

booboo

Postby booboo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:24 am

Sadly I will be at the Sinclair Horsham run on the day, but if you want to borrow my mini-el I am sure we could sort something out...if it's sunny you could even put the roof down and go topless motoring :P :shock:
London to Brighton on a Sinclair C5 - 6/5/07 - what a trip !
Ford Explorer 4.0 v6 petrol for everyday abuse - thank God for LPG
Sinclair C5's (Plus "c5alive.co.uk" ) as a hobby

PHEV

Postby PHEV » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:44 am

booboo wrote:Sadly I will be at the Sinclair Horsham run on the day, but if you want to borrow my mini-el I am sure we could sort something out...if it's sunny you could even put the roof down and go topless motoring :P :shock:

No-one mentioned that this was to be a topless event :shock:
*Mazda MX-5, 300KW peak, 300v 20KW/h lipo pack, Soliton 1000A controller. 1100KG.
*Aprilia RS motorcycle, 500A controller, Cedric's AgniMotor, 96v 6kw/h LiPo pack, 130kg, 90mph.
www.jozztek.com

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:56 pm

Well folks, Booboo has come through even though he's not going to be there. He's going to let those returning to London recharge at his place in Crawley on the way back. (Postcode - RH10 3AN, about 32 miles from Brighton).

If you've requested recharging on the way home you will be given contact details, but please let me know PRIOR to the day if you want help recharging on the way back. I can't plan for unforeseen charging!

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:31 pm

hey I just remembered those nice folks at the bottom of Ditchling Beacon Nikki

I don't have their number but I'm sure someone took it last year would be good to contact them as they said that we could use their driveway etc next time we do a run. Just a thought

PHEV

Postby PHEV » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:30 pm

Only a few days to go.. can I ask how many have applied so far?
Looking forward to my first BVS event...

Steve
www.jozztek.com

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:36 pm

Hi steve,

This is the thing. I've only had four entries myself, and no-one has apparently sent entries to John Crayton. I'm a bit worried!

Did you send me one?

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

marktime

Postby marktime » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:17 pm

Hi Nikki, I sent you an entry for my Prius, did you get it?
I hope it was clear from my form that I will be joining you when you stop for refreshment at Hand Cross, do you have any idea what time you will be there?

MarkTime
Soft as Graphite, Hard as Diamond, Black as Coal & clear as CO2, It's a Carbon thing!

Return to “Events”